Gini von Courter has taught computer classes on Microsoft Office for 20+ years and has authored 30+ books.
Gini has been providing computer classes and seminars on Microsoft Office and related products for more than 20 years at public and private companies, state and federal agencies, educational institutions, and not-for-profit organizations, and has consulted and trained on the use of Microsoft SharePoint since the first SharePoint product was launched in 2001.
Bill Shander is an information designer, helping clients turn their data into compelling visual and often interactive experiences. He teaches data storytelling, information design and data visualization on LinkedIn Learning, at the University of Vermont, and in workshops around the world. Clients include the World Bank, Starbucks, multiple U.S. Government agencies, Big Four firms, and many more household names across a spectrum of industries.
Helen Wall is a data analytics and business analysis expert.
Helen is skilled in data analysis—querying, analyzing, and modeling data to gain insights—and creating visualizations that illustrate metrics, to help businesses make informed decisions. In her role as a senior financial analyst, she currently improves reports, streamlines processes, and monitors projections, contributing to the forecasting and budget analysis group.
Oz du Soleil, Microsoft Excel MVP, Author, YouTube Creator
By day, Oz uses Excel to battle Crap Data, blazing trails through data's dusty badlands. By night, he's a collector of kaleidoscopes. With a fiery passion for teaching and a vicious spirit in the wild west of data, Oz has taught classes for entities like Xfinity, University of Illinois-Chicago Medical School, and the World Health Organization; empowering students ‘round the globe; from Perth, Australia; Sofia, Bulgaria, and São Paulo, Brazil."
Robin Hunt is a developer and educator focused on process development, data management, and custom workflows.
Robin loves to inspire people to "think something new" and has a passion for people and data. She actively seeks ways to engage in efforts that support her community and loves being an active part of the entrepreneurial and startup community that's growing in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Alabama Commission on Higher Education - Workforce Development Enrollment Reports https://data.ache.edu/Rpt_WF_Enr
- Alabama First Class Pre-K Funding History https://children.alabama.gov/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/PK-Funding-Access-History.xlsx
- All Analytics Degree Programs in Alabama | 2023 Guide https://www.analyticsdegrees.org/programs/alabama/
- Apprenticeships – ThinkData Sol https://thinkdatasol.com/apprenticeships/
- Building The Data Workforce https://thinkdatasol.com/2023/10/building-the-data-workforce/
- Business Analytics Added to Ph.D. Program | USA News https://www.southalabama.edu/departments/publicrelations/pressreleases/080720analytics.html
- Business Analytics Program "Responds to the Needs of Industry" https://harbert.auburn.edu/news/business-analytics-program-responds-to-the-needs-of-industry.html
- Career and Technical Education Heat Map https://tableau.hanoverresearch.com/t/AlabamaDepartmentofEducation/views/CTEHeatMap-ALSDE/KeyFindings?iframeSizedToWindow=true&%3Aembed=y&%3AshowAppBanner=false&%3Adisplay_count=no&%3AshowVizHome=no&%3Aorigin=viz_share_link
- Data Analyst Job Postings https://www.kaggle.com/datasets/lukebarousse/data-analyst-job-postings-google-search
- Highest paying jobs in Birmingham for high school graduates https://stacker.com/alabama/birmingham/highest-paying-jobs-birmingham-high-school-graduates
- Learn Top Skills to Help You Future-Proof Your Career https://www.linkedin.com/business/learning/blog/top-skills-and-courses/learn-top-skills-to-future-proof-your-career
- Lessons Learned In Workforce Innovation: How Six States Are Planning To Advance Digital Skills For Equitable Economic Participation https://www.nga.org/publications/lessons-learned-in-workforce-innovation-how-six-states-are-planning-to-advance-digital-skills-for-equitable-economic-participation/
- Magic City Data Collective https://sites.uab.edu/data-collective/
- M.S. Strategic Leadership and Business Analytics to be Offered in Spring 2021 - Athens State University https://www.athens.edu/m-s-strategic-leadership-and-business-analytics-to-be-offered-in-spring-2021/
- Mentorship programs provide opportunity, increase diversity https://www.robinsmorton.com/mentorship-programs-provide-opportunity-increase-diversity-2
- Minutes of the Board Of Trustees University of North Alabama https://una.edu/administration/docs/board-meeting-minutes/June-5-2020meeting.pdf
- Modern Manufacturing Apprenticeship Program https://mbusi.com/mbusi-info/employment/training/modern-manufacturing-apprenticeship-program
- New Business Analytics Master’s Program Integrates Data Analysis with Business Applications - The Culverhouse College of Business https://culverhouse.ua.edu/news/2018/10/new-business-analytics-masters-program-integrates-data-analysis-with-business-applications/
- New Data and Sports Analytics Lab Opens Innovative Door of Opportunity for Samford Students https://www.samford.edu/news/2019/03/New-Data-and-Sports-Analytics-Lab-Opens-Innovative-Door-of-Opportunity-for-Samford-Students
- Research and Resources – Early Childhood Education https://children.alabama.gov/home/about/research-and-reports/
- State of the Industry Survey https://www.datavisualizationsociety.org/survey
- The Future is Bright for Data Analysts: Insights on Job Outlook https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/future-bright-data-analysts-insights-job-outlook-austin-mathews
- The New Landscape of Digital Literacy https://nationalskillscoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/05-20-2020-NSC-New-Landscape-of-Digital-Literacy.pdf
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics – Southeast Information Office https://www.bls.gov/regions/southeast/al_birmingham_msa.htm